We have all made excuses. Here’s how to kill them.
1. See the Positive: Excuses are usually made because we don’t feel like doing something – we’re accentuating the negative. Maintain a positive attitude or you’ll never beat the excuses.
2. Take Responsibility: Excuses are ways to get out of owning something. Take responsibility, and own the solution.
3. Find a Solution: Don’t have time? Make the time. Wake earlier, Do it during lunch. You’re smart. Figure out the solution.
4. See your goal: This is your motivation – your reason for doing it. Think about why you want to pursue a goal and you will be motivated. Visualize the goal and just get started.
5. Be accountable: Have a workout partner, a project manager, a team, someone to report to. If you have to be accountable to someone your’re more likely to do something.
6. Go ahead and make your excuses. Then do it anyway.
I read a lot of articles regarding excuses. Many of them are very touchy, feely about why people do what they do. What is funny about that is those articles were making excuses for making excuses!
The bottom line is we are in charge of our own destiny. No one is going to get us where we want to be other than ourselves. Take responsibility and get motivated people.
“He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else.” Ben Franklin